Gilligan's Island

When fall comes it is always the same feeling of "change" isn't it? And what change I can never figure out. Is it Oprah leaving? Is it our new apartment? Is it Mayor Daley leaving? Is it just time for a personal change? I have this deep down feeling, yet do not know, yet do know. You know that feeling.

It's there and you know what you want to do but you can't do? Do you ever have that feeling? Why don't I get more specific you ask? I can't. It has to do with my livelihood, and it could incriminate me. But I can tell you this-when you find yourself in a situation that feels like you are trapped inside a burning jack o lantern, it's time for a change. Oh fuck it.

I work for a person that manages our business from across the US. They are trying to manage based on money, not business sense. They minimize and under pay. They infuse fear into the minds of those who work for them so that no one feels comfortable asking for their basic needs-like a raise to match the cost of living after 2 years or full real lunch break.

That being said, some things have been easy with my job and I appreciate it. But I'm also not stupid and know that at times I've been manipulated and lied to.

It's toxic. It's not the right mix of team work, or group mind. It's survivor meets Gilligans Island. Except no one is sleeping together.

I might get fired for writing this blog post.

Wouldn't be the worst thing.

Comments

Popular Posts