Thankful in 2009

I can't honestly say that in the worst of times I've been able to say "things are bad, but I'm thankful for something." But I'd say that this year I learned the most about that very important thing-seeing the things you have, and giving thanks to them. There were struggles this year that the bad recession brought about and I couldn't quite pinpoint the anger I felt at times. I knew I was frustrated, I knew I wanted to shout, but couldn't find the voice. But somedays I just sat and focused on what WAS going right. And in those moments, those saving grace moments, I realized we create our own reality and we focus on what we have or what we don't have. I have this mantra now, because of this, that I say sometimes "At least I can..." and then I fill the blank. It helps, even when we burn the turkey (knock on wood). I believe in the power of positive thinking, that we can wish something into being. Shit happens, I don't deny that, and when it does I've done my fair share of stomping. But damnit, I'm thankful for them legs.

Comments

Mom said…
I am proud that you "really get it".

Love, Mom

Popular Posts