October


It's October. All of the sudden my job got busy and the film got into editing and it's October. It's not September? The last time I checked in with myself it was August. So I think the universe definitely skipped September. It's like a universal typo or something that someone should look into. This is what I like about fall. You aren't sweating to death. Leaves. Wine. Carbs. All on the the table to eat or enjoy. Halloween! The best holiday of the year. Except every year I can't decide on my costume and I end up being nothing special. Well not this year! I don't have a costume yet, but I will be much more creative. Oh, boots. You can totally wear boots in the fall. And pumpkin pie is good too. Not to wear. Eat. I also got really domestic in the last week and made homemade apple sauce. Which the whole apple picking thing comes into play even though you can get apples at the store anytime. But hey, it's all about being festive. And this fall is a special kind of fall because my mother turned 50. So to me it feels sort of golden and windy and crisp and magical. I think people become a little grumpier in the fall because its flu season so someone a long time ago invented the word 'festive' to cheer people up so they stop complaining that summer is over. When it starts raining in October and its that cold kind of rain with no sun, I just go eat a big piece of bread and look at pics of pumpkins online. Thanks for reading this random post. Enjoy your fall day.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Now the whole world will think you are only "twenty something"! ;)
Jessica said…
Why is that, "anonymous"?
Anonymous said…
Also, the reason why you like Halloween so much if because I used to make you some pretty fabulous costumes! Do you want me to make you the Peter Pan Costume that I made Ashley one year? You would be gorgeous!

Love, Anonymous Mom
Jessica said…
Oh my GOD I would LOVE it if you made me that costume! And I'm not kidding!

Popular Posts