Political Poem

I see John McCain.
I see George W and all the others who came
Before him. Made a mess on a whim.
Leaving our country sad and grim.
I can't say that my choices are always right.
That I could have done things without the fight.
But that's not my plight.
Mine is different. It's personal.
It's deep down in the depths of the soul.
It's about listening to my needs but also functioning in society.
It's about caring about my partner.
Smiling at my neighbor.
And going above and beyond. Even when I don't feel like it.
These are the virtues I learned. From my mother.
From my father. From those who took the time to bother
Me when I was being self serving.
And lifted me out of the notion that I'm over deserving.
We all struggle but we all live to be who we are.
So why does it feel that the last eight years have
Left more of a scar?
Eight years seems so far
When Obama is elected the sun will rise
And maybe deceit won't be in the disguise
Of Republican concern, or high gas prices
To protect our soldiers and W's vices
When the hail storm slows between a Palin wink
I have no doubt that this boat will float not sink

Comments

Popular Posts