Sarah Palin. Girl Let's Have a Conversation

My mom and I don't always agree. We have our basic agreements, like do unto others as you want others to do unto you. Use your pleases and thank yous. Work hard and have pride in your work. When it comes to politics we sometimes agree. She liked Bush. Then she liked Hillary while I was rooting for Barack. She was on the fence, and now she's on Barack's side too. We occasionally chat about the 'situation' that faces us as we come upon the election. When McCain chose Palin my mom was swayed over to the Democratic side. She felt he had chosen someone too inexperienced-an opinion that many Americans have held since she joined the fun.

Recently my mom sent me the latest SNL video of Amy Poehler as Katie Couric and Tina Fey as Sarah Palin. Tina Fey does a killer impression. So I wrote my mom and said "interestingly, this spoof is not that far off of the actual interview." My mom wrote back and said something very interesting. She said "Even though i don't think that she is qualified or knowledgeable enough to be vice president, i do think she is a smart leader for her league. I don't agree with some of her personal ideas, but she is a likable person. She really needs to pull herself out of this campaign to save self-preservation."

I find that this point my mom makes to be very important. At the very least we can openly say that Palin is being used and now is being torn down and this will only hurt her. When does a person have to say I'm going to stay in the game to gain something, or I'm going to end this to gain something. Perhaps she feels that she's going to gain more by staying. But I think my mom is right, there comes a point when you have to have some self respect and realize that you are in over your head. And realize that you are being used to begin with.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You mean I finally said something right? :)

xxxooo
Jessica said…
I wonder who anonymous is. Well, if it's who I think it is-yes only when I say so!

xoxoxoxo back

Popular Posts