Falling Falling Falling

Yesterday was the first day of fall. Can you feel it? I sort of can. The sun is still warm during the day but the air is trying to cool. We are at that point where it's like do I wear sandals or can I pull out the boots yet. I pulled out the boots two weeks ago. I was so excited. I like boots. And scarves. Anything accessory, I like it.

Between seasons, between political debates, and between an interesting point in the womens movement, I feel more alive this fall then ever before. My nose is sensing crispness, the smoking from the grills, and the excitement of the Cubs going to the playoffs. The kids going to school, squash and pumpkins popping into produce aisles, and Vogue on the shelf with the latest fall fashion.

We are embarking upon an interesting fall, a new fall, falling falling falling away from the old way of things. Summer is over and it's time to get down to sweaters and voting-cider and cozying up to Gloria Steinems editorial about Sarah Palin.

And some activities to partake in the fall? Knitting, drinking in parking lots, hiking, biking, bonfires, crockpotting, potsmoking, writing your next script, road trip, maybe even a party!

Comments

Popular Posts