Solicitation Freakish Man Boy It Thing Selling me Make Up at Work?

Just when I think my job is leading me to a cliff of boredom something like this happens and I realize I have just the perfect job. Who else can report right from the job like this?!

So I'm sitting her, listening to music, when someone enters the door. He stands downstairs and I ask him if he is here to buy tickets. He whines/mumbles and walks in a circle. I ask again.

"Do you like make up?"

What?

"Um, sure." I say. I'm suspicious.

Two seconds later he appears upstairs opposite of me and tries to enter a door that leads to nowhere.

"Where are you trying to go?"

"Ok, I'll just show you from right here."

He stands about 6 feet tall. And resembles DJ Qualls from Hustle and Flow. But not as cool. His voice is nasal and he seems confused at all times, even about what he's saying.

DJ QUALLS

From here he opens a makeup compact and says "So you know Halle Berry right?"

"Ya!" I'm egging him on while I get my phone out.

"Well there's this makeup artist that works with her and for $65 dollars YOU can have this make up kit and these colors are really nice huh?" He's not quite finding the pauses. He seems frail and dainty, yet odd and freakish. "And then you get these lip glosses." He can't open the case. He gets it open to show me the brush applicator "See, this is really nice." Then to the finale "And these brushes come with it for 20 dollars so 120 dollars and all of this." Then it's silent. He doesn't quite ask me if I want to buy it. He just stands in his awkwardness and stares at me and adjusts his glasses.

I'm laughing so hard inside my head that I can't quite break the silence for him. Plus I'm assembling my shots with my camera phone. Shots that I'm not really hiding and he doesn't quite seem to notice.

"Well I'm not interested but my boss might."

I call my boss. I tell him to come down. My plan is to get the kid to do it all over in the lobby and I'll get some real close ups. But instead my boss runs into the kid in the hallway on their respective ways down. He tells him right away "no."

The kid leaves. I get a text from my boss: Ima kill you.


DING DONG FREAKY


Comments

Popular Posts