Hillary Clinton Protesters: Stop Your Whining

I'm sorry. I am really sorry to make you mad. But you are already mad. So I kind of don't feel like I'm stepping on any toes. Hillary supporters are still out there. Hell, I'm a Hillary supporter. But do you see me stomping around, waving signs, and whining because she didn't get elected the presidential nominee. No. Mostly because I was in support of Obama for the the presidential nomination. I was in support of Hillary for making history. And you protesters say I can't be both. Why?

First of all, as a woman, my right as a woman, as a voter, as an American is to choose who I support. I just feel in tune with Obama more than Hillary. I respect Hillary for her strength, her fight for better health care, and the journey she's travelled with her philandering husband to get to where she is at today. But because I want Michelle and Barack in office, somehow you and I stand on two different sides?

This new article in the Sun-Times that says Hillary supporters are offended by Michelle Obama because she was so serene on stage is preposterous. Isn't the NEW feminist AGAINST GUILT complexes. Guilt is so 1990's.

Those of you who wave your signs and feel slighted because Michelle Obama would rather support her own husband than female evolution in politics is understandable, but still not logical. We are all the on the same side. So if you are still trying to divide the democratic party, then what kind of politics do YOU believe in? Certainly not one that would unify women. Do you think that you are better than me? That's just not the kind of politics that the democratic party is all about anymore. Come on now.

Isn't the point for us to come together and respect each other's differences? Just because Hillary is a woman, does not mean she reflects the belief of every American female. This is why I talk about freedom of choice. Admire your sisters for making their own choices, without feeling pressured from protesters and the older generation who shakes their fingers down at us as if to say "no, no young lady. you listen to me." While I respect my matriarchal democrats, I believe the point of feminism is to listen to one's self.

We have made great strides. Hillary did not lose the presidential candidacy- she gained respect, friends, and more than anything she made history. Perhaps in another race, she would be the best candidate. Hillary, and not because she is a woman, is not the candidate because someone else was chosen. No need to see that as a regression. No need to stomp our feet. A real woman doesn't see her gender as a weakness or use it as a reason for success or failure. A real woman loves who she is for her soul and takes with her the positives of her success because she owned it for who she is, not what she is.

Comments

Popular Posts