Cheese



So I shot the Dove commercial today and it was all moderny lofty Mac using busy bee with everyone with their headphones telling each other what comes next and who is done and get that lamp for this shot and I'm very mezmorized and getting my makeup done and hair done and wardrobe done and it's so neat to be pampered just to get on camera for 5 minutes and then I look over and there it is:

A table full of food.

All I wanted to do was go take cheescake, cookies, apple pie, brownies, shrimp, rolls, baked potato, chips, pop, veggies and cheese.

But I couldn't. Because that would be tacky......right? It would I think.

So I don't. I just sit and look pretty and read my book but it's been 5 hours and I'm hungry. But then they tell me they are ready for me. So they put the microphone on me and I'm standing there and I'm thinking "ok, I'm ready. I'm ready or else I'm gonna stuff my face and then I'll have food in my teeth so take me in there now." But they aren't actually ready and I end up standing for 20 more minutes until the AD tells me to just relax because the creative director can't decide how he wants the set. And then it happens:

They bring more food out. Cheese, crackers, veggies with dip, more cookies, cake, did I mention CHEESE?

I look around. The AD sits next to me.

"I'm going to eat some cheese." I say.
"Go for it." He says.

So I do. I have a piece of colby cheese and it's deee-lish. And then the worst thing happens. The entire crew comes in with the creative director. He sees me. I'm eating.

"Sorry you have to wait so long hon." He says kindly.
"It's ok! I'm just eating cheese." Yep that's what I said.

When the shoot was all over he gave me a hug. I suppose he doesn't mind that I'm not a size 2 model. I suppose for once I was appreciated for my personality and it got me a gig.

Comments

Popular Posts