And Sometimes It Just Sneaks Up on You

If you've been reading my blog since 2005, it would be amazing. You probably haven't. But I just revisited my earliest post, and it's just so...amazing to remember different times in the last few years. Jobs, friends, the evolution of my career, different comical circumstances, and things that happened that make me sad. My blog has been a forum of my inner most personal thoughts to a fake news story to documentation of real life comedy. I put my soul into my blog. My blog has followed me, and like a shadow, I guess I've followed it too. It's become an extenstion of my psyche. A handprint on the world wide web, that I can only hope contributes to some sort of laughter, relief, or escape, or understanding from/of this crazy time I would call a social and economic crisis. It really can't go ignored that at this point in time, right now, today, there are things that are not ok, there are people who are not happy, and there are leaders that are not owning up to their mistakes. But I read this quote by Steven Colbert the other day "Laugher brings the swelling down on our nation psyche, and then applies an antibiotic cream." Yeah, it is kind of like that. I'm not always in the mood to laugh, but when I do, yeah, it's like that. Sometimes it just sneaks up on you. And you need it. I hope that if you read my blog you find it something that makes you laugh, or think, or just plain useless but pretty in form. lylas-Jessica

Comments

Popular Posts