The Move

It's hard to believe we are moving today and tomorrow. I look around and the apartment is cold, empty. Alison and I packed last night and she was my director of operations. She kept us on track and by th end of the night we had made some progress. Brent will be back today with the truck. I will go to work and by the time I am done working this weekend we'll be living in the new place.

This apartment, as much as we have our complaints, will always have good memories to it. This is where we lived and the neighborhood we used to shoot our film. A lot of in and out, rehearsals, laughing, creating, and most of all, change. This is the place where I learned I would be on ER. It the apartment that we lived in when Brent got his first writing job. It's the apartment where I grieved my grandmother and experienced moments sorrow, and moments of release. This is the apartment we lived in when Brent and I came up with the idea for the movie. This is the apartment we lived in when I started realizing what I wanted to do. This is the apartment we lived in when Brent and I grew the most as a couple.

I imagine that the new apartment will bring about more changes, that we will evolve there and create more ideas. I imagine that Maris, our kitty cat, will enjoy the big wide open windows and we'll all look out them from time to time and think about where we've been and where we'll go.

Comments

-M said…
Hey there! Hope you had a good move and an even better time unpacking :) I moved 6 mo. ago and I still have some boxes to unpack. If I wait long enough, they will be packed and ready for our next move.

Popular Posts