Life is Pretty Good

I've been complaining a great deal the last couple of days. I think part of it is the winter weather lingering over us like a suffocating blanket. We are ready for a change. Big time.

But things are pretty good and I should complain less. There were times in life when things seemed stagnant, like it never changed and it seemed impossible for things to evolve. It was when I was young and my parents were unsure of their marriage or maybe their own destiny. Whatever it was, it changed and now, as Oprah says, I believe we are all living our best life.

With Brent's art doing well and our movie moving along I can't say that I'm unhappy, that I'm not truly doing what I love, or that we suffer from any ailments or setbacks.

If we do the best we can, if we aren't lazy and work with intent, if we take care of our minds and bodies, if we laugh and enjoy, if we still allow ourselves the right to get angry or sad, if we live our fullest, I don't think that any one person can complain that life sucks. I mean it can suck. People might hurt us, someone might poop next to you on the bus, but things get better. And I for one need to remember that.

Comments

Popular Posts