This War I Feel

Spinning

Spinning through time
Spinning through bubbles of thought protuding from my head
Seeing as though there are no stops
Bright red heat waves running through my hair
As I sweep the city streets searching
For a sign

Falling

Falling behind paper stacks
Crumbling space in my hands to capture a rope
To pull, to pride me from a new horizon this day
Rushing wind tapping on my shoulder to sing to me
A snowflake lands the tip of my nose
Melting the angst

Pausing

Pausing next to the homeless man rugged
Pausing to speak to him with my eyes, but not offer a penny
Crossing State Street, catching glimpses of soft faces
Hard pavement ice beneath my feet I shall waiver
I shall slip through this time
Change comes fast

Christmas

Christmas is creeping finding its way to save
War is dragging, finding its way to die
Order, shop, rush, grab, spend, fight, praise, laugh
Whatever it is that you do let the light creep in
Let the dark go dim
Within there is no madness

Comments

Popular Posts