Holiday Lunch



We had lunch at the Renessance Hotel today for our staff holiday get together. It was gorgeous. Overlooks the city on Wacker. We had steak, fish, chicken, fruit, salads, and lots of yummy desserts such as pumpkin cognac cheesecake. We sat and talked for three hours and got to know each other. Everyone had amazing stories. My boss talked about how when she was a dancer and living in New York, she and her friends go on trips in the summer to Maine. They would hike, and pick blueberries, and get fresh lobster for $5. She and her husband have led an amazing life, you can just tell. And they continue to create and do what they love. I like spending time with people like that. Getting to know them, and learning from their optimism.

Tonight I came home to clean and pack. We leave in the AM. I wasn't going to cook anything, but then, at the last minute, I go the urge. The holiday urge to be in the kitchen, using my hands, and sharing sugar with my family. I asked Brent what he would like. He loves carrot cake. I will make carrot cake cupcakes, with cream cheese frosting and blue sprinkles to make them look like snow with ice sprinkles. Ah, its too easy to please me. I am also listening to holiday music on an online radio station. Since when does Regis Philbin sing? This is burning my ears. Really. I'd rather listen to Kelly Ripa talk about her hair. Ok, she's not that bad.

Comments

Popular Posts