Sleepy Dreamy Wakey Pranky

It's a nice relaxing day here in Indiana. We spent time with my dad's family yesterday. Saw cousins that I never see anymore but once a year. It was nice. We ate, lounged, talked shop or whatever. Today we are at my mom's. My grandpa is staying the night which will be fun. My sister and Geoff, myself and Brent are staying too. We'll play low ball poker and drink wine and talk about old stories and perhaps have a toast to the memory of grandma. Brent brought his camera home and we are snapping fun shots that I'll post later.

My main goal coming home was to honestly relax. We didn't make too many plans. Just enjoy family and hang out for as long as we want. Usually we hit the bars to see old friends, but we decided at last minute to not do it this year. Usually it's so crowded in the bars that you can't have fun. And by the end of the night, a bar fight will break out. Because, well, bars are that land of broken dreams. And when it involves old friends and high school enemies, some guy or girl ends up trying to relive the past. It's the story of small towns.

My sister and I ALWAYS find a way to prank my mom in some way. Last year (oh man we just retold this story yesterday to family and we were in tears), anyway, last year my mom was going grocery shopping the morning after Thanksgiving. My sister and I were up late the night before, laughing, prank phone calling people as usual when we got an idea. We decided that we would take all of my mom's credit cards, checks, and cash and hide them in a side pocket of her purse. We, well I b/c Ashley decided to pass out before we got to this point, replaced everything with paper items. Paper credit cards, paper ID cards with cartoon faces on them, and fake checks. Next morning we are sleeping sound and suddenly my door busts open and my mother is over my head in a rage. "Where is it?" I was confused until my mind adjusted and I remembered what we did. I told her it was all in her purse, in a different pocket. She looked like she could have killed me. She left my room and I heard her leave out the front door. Hours later, after my sister and I had woken, my mom comes home, still angry. Apparently she had to leave ALL of her groceries at the store to come home and find out that her money was with her the whole time. On our part, it was pure evil. It was the only time I truly felt bad.

This year our plan is to create a paper lifesize turkey and buckle him into her backseast so that when we get into her car tomorrow for breakfast she'll see her new friend in the backseat. Not quite sure about that yet. My sis and I need to get a little tipsy and daring before we make a final decision on what we'll do this year. It's always a good time though. Always. and you can bet that whatever we do, I'll have pictures to show for it.

Comments

Popular Posts