2nd Day


It was my second day learning the new job. Lots of information. And one very important and interesting fact I learned. You know Mikhail Nikolaevitch Baryshnikov? Well he's a very famous ballet dancer and he appeared as Aleksandr Petrovsky in the last season of Sex and the City (the jerk!). Well apparently our pianist at Ballet Chicago was the pianist for Baryshnikov for 12 years!! I can't wait to hear more about it directly from her. But that is pretty cool. I also learned that many students that study with us get accepted into THE BEST ballet school in New York, School of American Ballet. That means we are a very good school and I'm so happy to be a part of it. Also, the two people who direct the theatre are married. Very sweet. Very very sweet indeed.

Speaking of creative married couples, Brent and I are editing our movie right now. We are watching tapes and really enjoying the process of going back and reliving the funny memories. Here's a funny *behind the scenes* story that you will find amusing:

We had a few extras on our set each day that played background characters. They were all very very gracious and helpful. Well, one of them was, somewhat interesting to say the least. When three of our actors went into the mens room they accidentaly opened a stall door to find this extra BUTT ASS NAKED taking a crap. Not kidding. The three of them ran out in complete shock and laughter. Well, apparently, a bit later in the day these same three actors went back into the bathroom together (odd, actually...but anyway) and they *jokingly* were playing the whole scenerio out again, talking loudly about it. And jokingly one of them kicked the same stall door open and THERE HE WAS AGAIN, NAKED. I can't name names, you know, to protect the naked.

Tonight I am heading to Eileen's apartment. She, Joel, Jack, and I are going to be proposing a show to The Second City's Skybox Theatre. We hope to get accepted to perform in Febrauary. Proposals are due in December. Eileen, Jack, and I worked together at The Second City Youth camp this summer. Every day we *rewrote* the comics. Hysterical. We have a huge stack that we need to scrapbook. Joel was in our movie. He and Eileen also went to school together. He is one of those natural funny guys. I got a six pack on my way home. I can't wait to celebrate Eileen's callback for the Second City Touring Company (read previous post) and start planning our show!

Comments

Popular Posts