A Very Rude Email

My question is: why would you want this kind of reputation for a business you are just building. And not even up and running yet: dimeoco.com?

From: Human Resources [HR@dimeoco.com]
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 12:00 PM
To: Hardy, Ashley
Subject: RE: Regarding Position Posted

This ad is for an UNPAID INTERNSHIP.
As the ad clearly stated we are NOT HIRING AT THIS TIME.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hardy, Ashley [mailto:anhardy@butler.edu]
Sent: Saturday, November 29, 2008 12:18 AM
To: job-932745834@craigslist.org
Subject: Regarding Position Posted

** CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

To Whom it May Concern,

I am responding to the ad posted on craigslist for the animator/after
effects or video editor you are seeking. Attached is my resume and some past
print examples are available upon request, a website of a few video projects
is available to see at www.ashleyhardy.com. However, I do have several more
video and print samples that would show higher quality of projects. I am
able to send these to an address you prefer, or email them to a ftp site.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope to bring my talent and knowledge
to your business.

Thanks and have a great day!


Ashley Hardy
Freelance Designer/Owner of ANH Media



MY INQUIRY FOR THE INTERNSHIP AFTER I READ THIS:

To: HR@dimeoco.com

dateMon, Dec 1, 2008 at 2:35 PM
subjectUNPAID INTERNALSHIP
mailed-bygmail.com

hide details 2:35 PM (4 minutes ago) Reply


Hello,

My name is Francisco Foreskinner and I am intersted in your unpaid internalship. I am not familiarity with internship but I know how to get coffee and shine shoes. Also, is this for actual American dollar or pretend American dollar like slave labor? Also, you are very nice Craigslist ad and I think that I hope you will respond nice and slow I cannot read always very good. I know you have write to my friend recently yesterday or day before and wrote in ALL CAPITAL MEAN LETTERS with SERIOUS AMERICAN STUPID BULLSH*##T attitude but you can write me back whatever you would like I will just post it on my blog.

Very best day,
Francisco

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ouch, that's pretty bad. I've had some rather rude and testy emails come my way through craigslist stuff, but you would think that this dimeoco could summon a bare minimum of courtesy.

Did you get a response from your "Francisco" e-mail?

Popular Posts