Can't Go Back Now by The Weepies

I listened to this song and put it on my Myspace today. Fall weather always makes me realize another year has passed. I don't know why. I don't really feel another year passes until fall weather approaches. And when that happens I start to feel like I'm NEVER going to actually get our movie done, I'm never going to do what I love and get paid, and I've made no steps. Which is SILLY. But you know, everyone has their days. And then this song is very timely b/c I think about Brent and I and what we are trying to do and how far we've come and how we are getting older. Anyhoo, I'm really proud of us. And as the song says, you can't go back now. You have to keep taking steps forward. Be what you want to be. Right? Oh, and if you want to check out my myspace and be my friend you can HERE. And then you can listen to the song and get all nostalgic with me. Cool.


Lyrics:

Yesterday, when you were young,
Everything you needed done was done for you.
Now you do it on your own
But you find you're all alone,
What can you do?

You and me walk on
Cause you can't go back now.

You know there will be days when you're so tired that you can't take another step,
The night will have no stars and you'll think you've gone as far as you will ever get

But you and me walk on
Cause you can't go back now
And yeah, yeah, go where you want to go
Be what you want to be,
If you ever turn around, you'll see me.

I can't really say why everybody wishes they were somewhere else
But in the end, the only steps that matter are the ones you take all by yourself

And you and me walk on
Yeah you and me walk on
Cause you can't go back now
Walk on, walk on, walk on
You can't go back now

Comments

Popular Posts