Avoiding a Sales Pitch

So I get this phone call from a gym down the street. They want to sell us some promotion for actors. I'm in no mood to deal with a sales person. She says she'll stop by in an hour. So I'm up here typing and see someone come in the door. I work upstairs and no one can really see me up here unless they think to look up, which they usually don't. So this girl walks through the door and she has flyers and papers in her hand. I don't want to get trapped in some sales pitch. So what do I do? I fly to the floor and duck under my desk. She keeps saying "hello?" "hello?". Shamefully, I ignore the poor girl. What would it hurt? Forget it, I'm not going to be guilted. Shortly thereafter, the door opens and closes. She's gone. I sit back up at my desk and then "hello?" She never left.

Comments

Popular Posts