Nacho Injustice

I should have taken a picture. I should have just got my camera phone out and you could see, with your own eyes, the injustice...of my so called "nacho platter".

It was $7.65. It was on the menu as "nachos". I suppose I assumed platter. Sorry.

You can get a nacho belle grande from taco bell for under 5 dollars. I believe. No wait, under 4 maybe. Its not authentic. I know this.

When the "platter" arrived I was at first confused/tricked. The layout was strategic and organized. Each chip had its own helping of cheese, bean, and cream. But the space in between. I never understood that Dave Matthews song until right then. It played in my head. Over and over. Me and my nacho platter and that song were having a moment of realization.

This restaurant is ripping me off.

The plate had 10 chips on it.

Is that legal?

TEN. Hold up both of your hands and spread all of your fingers out. That's how many.

My friend told me I'd just paid for $.76 a chip. That just added insult to injury as he devoured his luscious and full $2 taco.

I asked the waitress if I could have some mole sauce. Because the only way I figured I could make this right is if I got her to bring me something a little extra. She said no. Yes, that's right. She didn't explain. She just said "no." And then walked away.

It was so odd. I was so sad for her. For La Puebla on Milwaukee Ave. in Logan Square. We had done good until this day. We had a good run.

Comments

you know...the nacho thing...semi-forgivable, you could go and know not to get the nachos. But the 'no' to the mole sauce? I don't think so.
No? Then no, I won't be back.

Popular Posts