Dear Bristol Palin

Dear Bristol,

Because I do not feel you will hear this from your mother, or many of those around you everyday, or media outlets that need you to boost their ratings, I'd like to write you this short letter of apology.

I apologize on behalf of America, on behalf of your family, and Oprah, and politics, and religion, for the public humiliation you continue to endure long after the 2008 election "scandal" surrounding your pregnancy.

I apologize that you are a young woman with choices, but are left to be part of agendas and do not have a voice.

I apologize that your sex life, your body, and your personal privacy were brought to light in order to both support those who feel your mother is a hypocrite and to now help her show that she is a "good mother" and should be welcomed by the public as a figure in the news now.

I apologize that your mistake is being treated as the deciding factor for your mother's wit and clout. It is not.

I apologize that over and over the phrase "here she was, a straight A, good student and she got pregnant" is used to enforce the idea that women should not be sexual creatures and that mistakes make us bad people.

I apologize that you were on Oprah today and people were picking apart your choice to have sex on national television.

Sincerely,
Jessica Hardy

Comments

Popular Posts