Stay Young

I got glasses today. Reading glasses. I'm trying not to let this remind me that I'm aging or that I'm not as sharp as I once was. I had 20/20 vision for a long time. And then one day I couldn't see a piece of paper from across the room. As I type this I am wearing my glasses. It feels weird, a bit strained to get used to but I can see better. I can tell. Ba hum bug. Boo. The eye doctor wins I guess. Here are some things I do to feel young:

1. Jog outside, get fresh air. I try to do this 6 times a week. I'm not some stellar runner but sweating is essential to a clear mind.
2. Exfoliate my face with sugar, sea salt, and honey once a week. It's great.
3. Use organic fresh clean lovely soaps.
4. Eat a variety of foods-sweet, salty, spicy, and savory. Try new things and keep it basic-veggies, whole wheat pastas, organic meats if any, and dried fruits and nuts.
5. I have a weakness for coffee but it boosts my metabolism which keeps me from snacking.
6. Be creative and collaborate with other artists often.
7. I find that a glass of wine a day gives good color. I admit I don't always stick to one glass ;)
8. Vitamins, vitamins, vitamins.
9. I'm going to buy Alicia Silverstone's new book about veganism soon-its my next possible step.
10. Optimism. Lots and lots of optimism in the face of adversity.

Comments

-M said…
Apple a day. That's where I'm at. Almonds...also good. Watch your sodium...it is lurking around in more things than you think.
Anonymous Mom said…
1. You are not getting old! (You had glasses when you were 3).
2. Actually, coffee is becoming the new "health" drink. No more than 3 cups per day.
3. You take such good care of yourself!
4. We won't talk about the wine. ;)

Popular Posts