Metaphors

It's raining. All day. And when it rains everything seems to exist as a metaphor. Everything I see I can parallel it to something else in life. A girl in front of me steps around a puddle. She has sandals on with socks. "If you know you are going to step in puddles, you should wear proper footwear." I say it to myself as if I have just written it. In some book. Or I'm recording it after my grandma says it like its an old saying she's said for a long time. And its supposed to mean if you are about to run into trouble, be prepared. Which at that point, it doesn't sound all that profound.

Then I'm on the train and I'm reading a really good book right now and my book is sort of wet. And I feel bad its wet b/c it doesn't belong to me. Anyway, I'm at this really great page and its taking everything I have not to get motion sickness on the train from reading, so I'm just trying to focus on the page. But the page sticks to the next one. And I realize this and all I have to do is get them unstuck. The page just won't turn. And I can see the two pages but for some reason I can't get a grasp. The page just won't turn. And the metaphor hit me except it was more about my life's work. The page just won't turn.

And all the while I'm thinking it, I'm also thinking, "well eventually the page is going to unstick." And just then it does and I'm reading again.

Comments

Popular Posts