A Tear for Michael

When the news spread across Twitter and Facebook it was like a heat wave. "did Michael Jackson die?" "Michael Jackson died!" "Michael Jackson RIP King of Pop".

Michael Jackson was magic, aside from his later year struggles. From Thriller to Beat It and then later his comeback in the 90's Black or White. My dad used to DJ and one time at an event my girlfriend and I danced to Beat It and shook our heads and bopped around like we were on the moon. I'll never forget that night. Later my cousin and I would recite the words to Thriller in her bedroom. We'd try to do the moonwalk. The changes, the negative trial, the strange Neverland-there was fearful mystery in his life. But when I hear Michael Jackson's music, all I can do is smile. And that's how I will remember Michael-for his God given gift.I like the way my husband sums it up on Avant/Chicago:

Mourning The Lose Of The Greatest

There is no point writing about Michael Jackson's death. If you are or have you are wrong and have wasted our time. Nobody can capture in words the meaning of the moment or what the man meant to our time. No matter what you say someone can do you one better, no matter what you think there is more then meets the eye. MJ was bigger then life, bigger then words or thoughts and definitely bigger then memorial articles, tweets and blog posts. Thank you Michael.

Comments

Popular Posts