One of Those Mornings

I don't usually drive to Starbucks in the morning, it's sort of a anti city thing to do. But I have a Starbucks gift card so this is the reason for the visit.

I pull into the 1 inch by 1 inch parking lot for 15 businesses and find myself a spot. I walk inside and its pretty empty, which is awesome b/c I don't do crowded lines very well unless its for the bathroom because at least in the bathroom no one is shouting over you "what drink can I get started for you!?" before you've really decided. Or I guess in that case it would be "will you be going #1 or #2 today?"

So I walk up to the general ordering area, excuuusssee me for stalling a MOMENT while I decide on which drink I want, when a mommy with baby in stroller rolls right up in front of me and assumes position at a register. I was slightly irritated but I let it slide and came to a decision on my drink and inched forward slightly so as to assume my place in line. But then another teeny Croc wearing pinhead blonde walks rapidly in front of me only to stop for a brief moment and think outside of her bubble to say "are you in line?" when i nod yes and smile she seems irritated with me. I'm confused. You asked and I answered. So get behind me and wait your turn.

But of course when its my turn and I ask my for my tea latte over ice the girl at the register informs me that this will take unusually longer because "we don't usually make it that way."

Make it and throw it on ice! Do I need to come behind the counter and do it myself?

So of course me and Twiggy are waiting for our drinks and she literally has her shit up all over the waiting counter like a horny dog. She knows that my drink is going to take a while so I can sense the utter urgency in her caffeine withdrawn veins. But, ZOOTALU!, they call her drink out first. She snatches it up, walks by me to shoot me a glare, and then loads it up with a pound of sugar. Add some cream and get some meat on those bones Karen Carpenter!

Exit to the parking lot where I am trying to turn right and she pulls up right next to me in her pearly white SUV so that she can turn left. I can't see a damn thing so I have to wait for her to halt traffic on North Ave. so that she can sail her boat on outta there.

It's not everyday I can tell these stories, so I treasure these precious moments of hell.

Comments

Popular Posts