10 Years

10 Years is a long time. That's how old our laptop was. And just a few days ago it passed away. It was our last working computer. It was our computer when we bought a computer together. It was our computer as Brent finished his book. It was our computer when I wrote multiple film and stage scripts. It was our computer when we both launched our websites. It was our computer when Brent finished his thesis. It was our computer when we finished writing the story for Off the Cuff. It was the computer that was there for all our networking and artistic needs. It is safe to say that I am emotionally affected by the death of our Compaq laptop. What now will replace this old friend. What will sit in my lap every morning while I eat my breakfast and be there for me at night when I get the itch to write a script. And most importantly, when I decide that my blog needs a picture of a lady taking a crap on the street, how on earth will I do so? I guess we find another computer. And this time it will be brand new and will aim to fulfill the role of our jenky dull Compaq laptop 2000. It was so reliable and sturdy and now we must succumb to modern technology. While I have desired a MAC for years, only now will I join the rest of most artists by actually owning one. I could have never done it before. I would have been cheating on our good loyal laptop.

Comments

-M said…
I finally got a MAC laptop after years of saying I would never get one. It took a little to get used to but I've fallen for it!Sorry about the old comp. It must have been awesome to last for 10 yrs.

Popular Posts