New Year, Clean House

Every year when we get back from Christmas with family and we readjust to being back in the groove of living in the city I go through some sort of renewal. I don't know what it is. But I need a fresh start just before the New Year hits. Some sort of, ok, its now time to prepare for a New Year. I have nothing to really change. I mean I think about things like "I want to go back to school" or "I want to be more positive on a daily basis". But overall, its just about a cleansing of the soul. Reconnecting with my environment, with my being, and doing a clean sweep of my house and my emotions. Does everyone do this? You know that song by the Indigo Girls (ya, I'm going to get all Indie hippie-lover on you now) Galileo when they sing "how long till my soul gets it right?" It's sort of like that-I just want my soul to keep evolving every year, or at least everytime I clean my house. So that means if I went through a renewal process once a week I might be a pretty evolved person so the point of total spiritual transendence which might be a little much, even for me. I need to stay somewhere down here so I can continue prank phone calling people.

Comments

Popular Posts