The Reality

The way I see it politics are not just right and wrong. A lot of people out there are saying "No way to John McCain" or "I think Obama is dreaming". The fact of the matter is you should vote for the person that best represents our issues. Nowadays I do, personally, have a hard time understanding how an old rich white guy with old rich white guy theories could possibly represent the majority of America. But you all already know, if you follow my writings, that I'm all about Obama.

But the reality is that it's not about which candidate is going to pull us out of this rut. I think it's about which candidate encourages us, inspires us to be better people. I think, if I can get on the Obama horse for a minute, that Barack's message is all about community. It's not necessarily a leftist liberal viewpoint. It's much simpler and applies to everyone, left/right conservative/liberal, it's just a message to take care of your neighbor.

It's such an old school way perspective to say anymore "I'm stable and that's all that matters." In other countries the idea is so different than ours. Mexico for example, is one of the poorest countries, and yet you might feel such love from their country. They live as a community. They take care of each other. My god, look at how many Hispanics have risked everything to come to America and send money back home. I knew a girl who housed three Hispanic women so that they could wash dishes at a fucking restaurant so that they could send their checks home to their family.

McCain doesn't inspire me to take care of my neighbors. He makes me feel bitter and frustrated when he paces on the debate floor and calls Obama "that one." That one.

And that's my point my friends. Your neighbor is not that one.

That poor one.
That liberal one.
That conservative one.
That rich one.
That black one.
That old one.
That handicap one.

Our neighbors are our responsibility. If we would take better care of each other, we might not be facing the mess that we are in right now. I believe Obama is the right candidate to represent this type of social consciousness. Jesus Christ was a good leader. But he doesn't save us. No one is going to save us. We have to save ourselves.

Comments

Popular Posts