Mellow Mood

Rain drops against the window, rhythmic with the tapping of my typing fingers.

Bonsai tree tall and through it's leaves I see drips of wet moist thoughts.

Can't quite put my gut on it, but I'm searching for the right muscle to stretch.

Which one is it? The ache in my side or the nagging business in my shoulders? Or the blemish that won't disappear after ten different creams and masks?

I pause. Turn my head and rest my chin on my shoulder.

It's a thing I do. I look up at the ceiling and grab something like an invisible bubble. It floats down into my mind. I literally can feel it happen.
I usually grin with satisfaction: I got it.

Music plays from the television. It's a nostalgic acoustic flow and then it turns into background music for both me and the melodrama on the screen.

In my throat something sits there and I hold it. But I want to release. A sadness makes it's way to my eyes but they don't water. It's behind me before I let it out. I'm not refusing. I just feel a deep intensity that can only be recognized for now, but not fully revealed. Don't you just mourn the time passing sometimes? It's kind of nice.

I'm interrupted and dizzy from thought but the thoughts didn't quite come clear. Nevertheless, I'm tired and retiring to the mellow mood.

Comments

Popular Posts