Love: A Game of Risk?

Is it true that when one door closes another one opens? Or is it just that the door has closed and it needs to just be closed for a while. Do we sit between two doors, sometimes staring at the knob...did it turn?....anticipating....no just an illusion. Or is it that we see the new door opening before we close the other door for fear we'll get locked between. We make a mad dash for it without looking back. But your dress can get caught in the door you know, when you're not looking. Or your pants. Sometimes, when friends come to me, with issues of infedelity, confusing circumstances, ugly break ups, I can't understand how it all broke down this way. Two people were living with each other and poof, just like that they didn't know each other anymore? Or obvious details they never knew of each other, surface, in the light of a separation. Without ever saying a word, someone needed something, and they never asked for it. Brent and I are not perfect but there are just certain things I know. I know that we'll always talk and I know that we'll always be honest with one another about everything. I can't imagine not knowing his darkest fears or what makes him tick, or what he wishes that he'll do before he dies. Some of the most intimate details are meant to be shared if you choose to be with someone. If you hide them, then you were never really allowing yourself to be close, to connect. I'm not talking about symbiosis, never leaving each other's side-but the basic of concept of commitment. If you choose to be with a lover, then you be with them and open yourself to everything. Otherwise where is the risk in loving someone fully and completely?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very nice. I love you!

Popular Posts