Exhibitionists: The New Neighbor Series

Ok, so I have to write about this because it's so embarrassing and weird and those really make the best blogs. And it helps me get it off my chest.

So, we live in an apartment building. Across the alley from us is an apartment that runs parallel to ours. So if you step out onto our back deck their back deck is next to ours. And any window we have, well there's is right across the alley. Including the BATHROOM.

Well, for as long as we've lived here, at least 4 months, their bathroom window is dark and so I never worried that they could see into ours. I have a curtain that hangs over our window. It's not the best job, but it will do when you are trying to keep some sort of privacy in place.

About two weeks ago I was taking a shower and I noticed that from my window I could see onto their back deck and over their deck is a nice view of the sunset or sunrise. It's nice. So every once in while I peek that way when I'm standing under the water to catch a glimpse of the morning or night.

Well one day, as I'm glancing to catch a glimpse I see the neighbor man looking back at me. I don't know how long he'd been standing there and I don't know how much he could see but I was mortified and I hid myself immediately.

So then, just the other day I'm in the shower and I see that their bathroom window is no longer dark. It's like they took their sheath down and I can see right into their bathroom. Because not only did they take the sheath down but they opened their window. I freak out, right? And I see a shadow and I'm thinking maybe they can see me if I can see them. I look over and low and behold I make eye contact with the neighbor man. He has no reaction and as soon as we look at each other I duck down into the tub and get out immediately. WTF??

So now I've barricaded our bathroom window with a towel AND a poster board just to be safe. But they have not done anything to shield themselves. As a matter of fact just as I wrote this sentence I see that they just got into their shower. And while I cannot see body parts, I know that there is a naked person standing in front of their window that I could see if I went into my bathroom. What are they thinking? And why all of the sudden are they interested in exhibitionism? And why do I feel like they are spying on us in the shower?

This is so gross! And now I feel like I have to put up a curtain in every window!!!

To finish the story, I went outside on the deck today and there they sat: he and she. Usually they would say hello. Today they didn't look over at all. Do they think I am the one that is looking in on them???? NO NO NO. You two have another thing coming if you think I'm the one who gawked in on your window first! I was just protecting myself when I experienced the horror of making eye contact with your husband. So now I wonder: did he tell his wife that the neighbor lady is spying in on them? Hey buddy, PUT YOUR WING WONG AWAY. AND YOUR SICK WANDERING EYE.

Comments

Popular Posts