Vacation

I'm at Lake Webster, IN where my husband and I get away from the city from time to time. We spent some time with the in laws going to the Lake Webster Mermaid Festival. This, I felt, would be a good time to take pics and learn about the culture of Lake Webster. First, we witnessed a demolitian derby. I had never seen one before and my father in law thought it might be good for my comedy. It was and I took lots of pictures that I can post at a later time. Next we had some corn dogs and french fries. Now, I am very familiar with fair food. Growing up in Elkhart there was the Elkhart County Fair which even sometimes brought in a semi-popular or perhaps old time 70's or 80's country band. So sitting down in the midst of fair culture felt more like nostalgia. They also had a laser light show which could have kept maybe a two year old's attention so we left prematurely. Later we happened upon some elephant ears which was the most interesting encounter. It really touched me how these people put so much care into providing the best ear they could. Their proceeds were going to two local scholarships. Very worth the 3 bucks an ear. To wrap up the night we went for a moonlit boatride and took some fantastic pics of the sun setting. Stay tuned for the photos later.

Comments

Popular Posts