There is a Storm

There is a storm. It started a few days ago. It had been hazy and sticking to the skyscrapers. The fog rolled over the windows of our car. We had been enjoying the sun and a feeling of clear skies. The storm came in from under us. I haven't been sleeping well and the lightning and thunder that shook our building jolted me from sleep on Wednesday. I screamed. Perhaps it's a shift. In what? A friendship? Perhaps. Our politics? Yes. Is it just happenstance that Obama became the democratic nominee the night before? And the very next day we experience high wind, dry heat, and a storm that shakes us to the core? Last night I had trouble sleeping again. An idiot kept texting me drunk messages. I sat up. The wind blew through the window. I breathed in and considered it all. My mom, my friend, our nation. I know storms have something to do with hot air meeting cold air. Am I hot? Or am I cold? Or did I just get stuck in between, like the center of the tornado-I just have to wait it out until everything around me finds it's place again.

This morning I went to the gym and CNN was running some headline about Hillary: 'Will she be the next VP? And if not, we'll miss her.' But disturbingly they showed images that gave a regressive message. In one image they showed a company who had made a Hillary nutcracker-you crack the nut between her legs. The other image was a Hillary jack in the box. They stuffed a figurine of Hillary inside as an exit to the story. The female reporter looked unsure of why the hell she was standing there reporting. I was thinking the same thing. Is this the way it all has to go down? One step forward and two steps back? I didn't vote for her, but I didn't vote against her either. I don't get it. It's so damn hot out.

Today the weather channel has issued severe violent storm warnings for our area. I'm holding my breath so as to not let all the air out yet.

Comments

Popular Posts