Should I Become a Vegetarian?

I've contemplated this for about a year now. Maybe longer. The main reason is that I don't believe in violence and I do feel guilty for eating meat. The other reason is that I think I would be healthier and my skin would reep benefits from the lack of hormones and other strange things in meat. Brent and I do not eat a LOT of meat but we enjoy fish and salmon. We love fish. I feel clean inside when I do not eat burgers, hot dogs, chicken, etc....I feel lighter when I eat beans and veggies instead. As I approach 30 I feel a need to become more clear minded, to treat my body more carefully, and to eliminate contaminates such as red meat, chicken, alcohol, and carbonated drinks specifically. I can't live without the occasional sugar fix or even a good piece of salmon. And it won't be easy to make a change. But I really feel better if I lay off these things for a day. Then I hit the gym and it's amazing what my mind can whiz up on my radio blog or in my writing! As I age I realize that my mind is fueled by what I give it. If I clog it, then I'm clogged and can't write. If I load up on fresh items like water, fruits, and veggies my thoughts are flowing with clarity. Try it!! You'll see!

Comments

Popular Posts