The Commercial, the movie, updates updates on life!

So much is happening, as you know. Summer is here. It's sweltering outside. Things are moving forward and I'm SO relieved to let go of winter and the 'cold' in general!!

Sunday night through Tuesday night I spent a total of 16 hours editing the movie with Angela. We have gotten a solid 45 minutes complete and let me tell you, it is looking very very funny. It's amazing how much time goes into cutting just a few scenes. When we would get up from the computer for five minutes I would feel dizzy!! I'm so proud of the piece and I can't wait to finish it! Brent is going back to continue with editing on Saturday.

Yesterday I shot my first regional commercial!!
First I showed up at 7am. The crew set up and they put our mics on us and ran through our lines. This was for an Americash commercial and then four sister companies. So the goal was to do the same commercial four times for each company. The director staged our blocking and we did the first commercial pretty smoothly. The lines were a little tough to grasp every time and since the air conditioning was not on, we were sweating from the lights! My character had to be VERY excited that she just got a loan. Then I would run up to the camera and give my lines to the actor who played the reporter. I had say my lines, act out of breath, and land in the right spot at the right time. At first, I felt like it was a lot to think about. So I decided to hold my breath everytime they yelled action. So by the time I walked up to the camera I was literally out of breath!!! This was making me very giddy and giggly. The guy who I would get my check from had a piece of paper and I drew boobs on it to get myself in a goofy mood. He thought it was hysterical. When you run through a take over and over it's hard to keep up the energy. But I managed to do it and I think they were pleased! They said they would call me again for work. It's interesting because not only do you have to have talent to land a role, but people have to like you as a person. Attitude is a big plus! They can tell when you audition if you have an ego or not and they'll not cast you if they feel you do.
The commercial will show in five states and on two tv stations. Unfortunately not Indiana but I will get a copy of the spot and be able to show family and friends.

On Saturday night Brent and I have artwork in a gallery show so our weekend will be busy.

My mom is in the hospital for a basic procedure but she's had some setbacks. Keep her in your thoughts. We expect her back home by this weekend.

Thanks for checking in!

Comments

Popular Posts