Day 2 "Getting Back to Less Fat"

I went first to the dermatologist today. Nothing makes you feel more glamorous than going into a posh derm office in a posh space with posh perfect skin secretaries as you stand over them to check in, no makeup, sweatpants and all.

I am on this new medicine that is supposed to block a hormone that causes my acne. I've had acne since the age of 12 and let me tell you, there's no fight like my fight against acne. It's troublesome, embarrassing, and all around annoying. I have good months and then I have bad months. It's very confusing.

Anyway, they put me on this drug that gives me bad gas and stomach bloating and today at the gym I had a sharp pain in my stomach. I'm stopping the medicine today. Another failed attempt to combat acne. But today at the derm's office she took my blood to check my pottasium levels (this medicine doesn't allow potassium to leave the body-it's a diuretic). After she did this I said "I'm having this side effects on one pill a day" and she says "Oh you should be taking 2 pills a day now."

No thanks.

Then I headed to the gym. Ah....fabulously relaxing and sweatingly refreshing. Ended in the steam room. I felt so glamorous....and flabby....and almost 30. BUT ITS OK!! I will not let the last 4 months of my 20's overwhelm me. I did good today and feel much better (aside from a mini breakdown with Brent about how I'm getting old). He brought me a Starbucks to cheer me up and I must say-caffeine and sugar can cure any blues.

Today I ate: Toast, strawberries, tator tots *greasy weakness*, turkey broccoli pocket *add mayo LOVE may*, edamame *good change*, veggie dumplings *i'm addicted*, spring rolls, more strawberries, coffee. Tonight Brent is filming at The Funky Buddha Lounge and I may have a weakness for liquour.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like this food listing process - expect you cant forget things - the chips! I need to do this b/c I want to see how it might change my crazy stomach. Anyway...you didnt do much liquor - that's good. 30 is the new 25 - if you can look 25. And you can in a couple weeks!

Popular Posts