Story

I met with an old friend last night. He has a script he wanted me to read. I've read 93 pages since last night and I am enamoured with it. Brent can tell you, I was laughing out loud. My friend asked me to direct. I'm very excited to get another chance to work with some of my favorite people. If we shot the whole thing it would be the end of the summer.

I'm working on my own script as well. It centers around three girls who live in Chicago. They are all trying to be actresses. Each one having their own inner battle and outer crusade. It's not a plot driven story. It's more about their unconditional relationships with one another, and the honesty about being a woman in a man's theatre world.

I guess the endgoal for me is to work against the odds that women don't rise to the top. Getting this directing opportunity means a lot to me because my friend recognizes that I can handle high pressure and I am a good natured good humored person. He doesn't feel that I'm incapable of leading the cast due to my sex.

When we shot our film last summer I was the main director. Which was a first time experience. It's strange to tell those who are your peers, how to do their job. But when people respect your opinion and vision, they'll listen.

Once my new script is done and probably after my involvement with my friends project ends, I will think about producing my script. I want to take my time with it because it's not slapstick or sloppy comedy this time. Think Friends with Money meets The Nanny Diaries. Something like that. Ah, rich versus poor, lib versus conserve, yuppie versus hippie. These main themes run through lots of good thought and film. It's all about finding the story and the way your going to tell it. Because the story is always the same, just a different version.

Comments

Popular Posts