Getting Back to Less Fat


Back in 2000 The Real World came to Chicago's Wicker Park. The actors lived in this LOFT.

Now we are in 2008 and it's Cheetah Gym. I decided to join the gym today after a long indecisive gym finding process since our move. The space is sweet and the price is little higher than I'm used to paying but I think well worth it. Not to mention that I get to see the inside of that once famous space.

My goal is to get myself back to where I was physically. I was very happy with my body until I didn't have a gym anymore. What the hell is up with metabolism and all that shit? I think I'm at another plateau. Back in 2002 I started working out because I had gained weight and I wanted to feel better. I was 24 then. Now I'm going to be 30 and I think I have to find my new goals. I want that 20 something body to stay forever and I can see that if I don't work hard at it, I look like a potatoe. Sometimes cauliflower and on my worst day a tomato if you count my acne.

So far today I've eaten: Turkey bacon, egg, toast, veggie dumplings, peas, black beans, and water. For dinner we will eat Salmon, asparagus, and rice. If I can get to the gym a few times this week I might be headed in the right direction. I felt amazing after my workout today which consisted of: Eliptical machine for 30 minutes, weights, and an attempt at a Vasarya Flow class (yoga)-*note to self* if all people in the class look like stretched out pencils made of rubber and the instructor starts the class showing everyone how they can do a handstand on a ball it's probably an advanced class.....

#1 I wore a loose t shirt so when we went into downward dog my entire stomach hung out for the world to see.

#2 As I looked at myself in the mirror while he told us to breathe after many push ups, I wondered if my face would and in fact could explode.

#3 Some of the other students I think knew what I was in for as I clearly did not "look the part" for this type of class.

I stayed for 30 minutes and left quietly. But let me just speak for us all here when I say "never feel embarrassed as I did".

Tomorrow: Back to the gym for day 2 of my "GETTING BACK TO LESS FAT" week.

Comments

-M said…
I went looking for clothes today...nothing says "hey fattie" like a dressing room mirror! I need get into a healthy routine again to get rid of my flab! Keep it up...eye of the tiger. :)

Popular Posts