Arty Farty Hardy-Kado-Maris Party

My dad and stepmom came to Chicago for a couple of days and we visited the MCA and some art galleries. We also went thrift store shopping. Wicker Park is the place to thrift shop even though its flipping to yuppie. I get teary eyed everytime I look at the Bank of America that ripped the best Wicker Park coffee shop out of its roots. Brent took me there on my first visit to Chicago when he lived here for a summer in 2001. It was a favorite place to go. Now the young hipsters that trail through on whimsical visit to the "artist" hubs will never know that there once used to be the greatest corner hangout known to that hood. Anyway, the whole experience today took me back to painting which is something I like to do from time to time. Here is something I started to tonight. There is also a picture of Brent's photography at his show Sunday night. And some other pictures of Maris over the past few days. Like us, he's been emerging from the winter blues.




Comments

Popular Posts