Alfred Hitchcock Presents: The Visit

Went to the viewing. Strange feelings at these things. Strange family issues come out and linger in the air. Good to go, hard to see.

My mom and I talked about her mom over dinner. She told me stories and gave me some background on my grandma. I had questions about my grandma's upbringing and personality. Learned funny and interesting things. Told my mom that I am going to write a movie about it all. Then she said "and I wonder what your movie about me is going to be like!!!". Ha ha! Don't worry mom, it will most likely involve many scenes of you working your ass off so that your daughters could grow up to be well adjusted people (for the most part). Oh, but the movie may poke fun of all the neurosis I've inherited from all women in my family. As I've said before, everyone has their own story-where they came from-and it's the same story underneath it all, just different versions. Different dysfunctions, different evolutions. I guess my neurosis is exposing all that's good and all that's bad and saying "ok, let's analyze this now so that we can get over it and laugh about it too."

Comments

Popular Posts