Heath Ledger

It was sad enough when Michelle Williams and Heath Ledger parted ways in 2007. Now he's parted this earth.

I don't usually get too caught up in celebrity news, well maybe a bit, but this is truly something to express sadness over. When a real soulful young and dynamic actor leaves so unexpectedly, accidentally, I am just saddened.

Do we understand our own existence ever? Do we think about our life as it is and our eventual departure from this universe? I don't like too. While I understand that I don't have forever to transcend, I take for granted too often the right now. This moment. I happen to believe that it will not end forever though. I think about that from time to time. I believe that something we are made of will be dispersed out there to return in another form-a new song perhaps that will be written 100 years from now. I imagine that Heath's soul has already dispersed into the energy of this time and his living legacy transformed consciousness beyond where we were on the subject of human love and homosexuality and the way we viewed ourselves as males and females in American culture. Like so many good artists, I believe that Heath's artistic choices made a mark on us and this is why it is hard to let that go-so few artists take the real risk for change.

Comments

Popular Posts