Luminousity


I went and got a facial yesterday. Let me give you a little bit of history about my skin in general. Since you asked.

In 1990 I developed my first zit. I was 12 years old and had not even shaved my legs yet. When I started getting acne it was minor. Maybe something here something there. Then when I entered 8th grade it started to take over. Most of my acne would be concealed under my 4 inch bangs. Mostly because the bottle of hairspray used to keep the bangs in mid air was probably aggravating my forehead skin.

High school became an acne nightmare. And it didn't stop in college. I have always fought acne. Products used:

1. Soap
2. Clean and Clear
3. Clearasil-OH CLEARASIL how I hate your smell
4. Mary Kay
5. Aveda
6. Clinique
7. Origins
8. Shiseido
9. Aveeno
10. Murad
11. Witch Hazel, Peroxide, Running Alcohol
12. Lush products
13. Haven't decided quite yet.

THe good news is that over the years I've learned that my acne is hormonal. So I could have done Accutane, but decided against it when a local dermatologist was murdered by his patient who went crazy from Accutane. My hormones are unpredictable as is-thank you science.

So last year my mother bought me a laser clinic microdermabrasion package. That was the first time I realized that money can buy happiness. I haven't been able to afford to go back a often as needed. But this year I got my first facial. I know-how could I not have gotten one before with all the problems. No one really recommended it. And now I ask WHY NOT PEOPLE?!!! My skin was glowing and happy and clear afterwards. I loved it. Anyway here is a picture I took after the facial. I think I look like a glowing deer in headlights.

Comments

Popular Posts