December 31st 2007

Hi Everyone. Remember how I asked for your stories about 2007? I got some good response and I will share here. 2007, for me, represents a year of BIG change. I experienced death for the first time in 2006 and it happened to be the death of our family matriarch. The way she lived her life was somewhat repressed. Something that intrigued me after her death and made me realize that I had to make a change in our family. My mother made some changes in the way she lived and now my sister and I have progressed it further. In 2007 I decided that if I wanted to do something, I would do it. Hence a very productive year. It's all about mindset, will, and attitude. I never understood it until I suddenly got very...determined. In my mind, I will go anywhere that the steps take me. My parents said to me once, if you take one step forward the universe will meet you at your feet. It's very true. If you decide that you want to do something, just take the first step. Nothing bad could happen out of the desire to achieve. Living a full life does not mean that you reach fame or money. Living a full life is doing the things that make you tick and taking it to the heighest level. If you like to read, start a book club that raises money for a charity. If you like to bake, open a bake shop. If you want to do what you've always wanted to do (ie: act, exercise, travel, sing, start a business, teach, own a cat farm!) and it seems impossible, it's just not. You can be who you are meant to be at any stage in the game.

As I've said before, 2008 is all about turning 30 years old for me. I will attempt to run a race and finish our movie. I will also focus on doing things that keep me young and healthy. I also hope to show our movie in Elkhart and other venues in the area. We also want to enter the film into festivals. Take it to the highest level, see what doors open in the New Year. Make another film.

Some of the things you shared with me about your memories of 2007 and resolutions for 2008:

1. "A cool trip to Russia and Europe"


2. "I vow to go to rehab for Zantac abuse"

3. "Do more art"

4."I grew some of my own plants from seed in the summer.
I tried to find more local foods to eat this year. I can't wait til april when the farmers market comes back!"

5. "Took the GRE after 2 years of saying I was going to."

6. "Do random acts of kindness"

7. "Resolution for '08? Art, Vodka, and Warmth!"

You can still share! Think about it today. I'm not talking about making a resolution just because its the New Year. You should think of something you'll do because you've always wanted to. Or something you did that you are proud of. I can't wait to hear it.

Oh, and have a great New Years Eve if you celebrate it. Some people think its overrated. Sure, I can agree. But I love change and new beginnings, I've always craved my next adventure. So I guess New Years has always been one of my most favorite times of the year. Talk to ya in 08'.

Comments

Popular Posts