All Is Calm All is Bright






Solemn. Happy. Both of these I am feeling. The "funeral" service was very nice. Saw some old friends Grant and Andrea and some others I had not seen in a very long time. People came together. People shared their memories. Probably the first time I felt completely comfortable in a church. There was a feeling of sorrow yet joy. That's how a person's life should be remembered. When I die, I want appetizers and drinks and lots of laughing. No reason to make things more uncomfortable by making people stand in a small dark room and cry for 3 hours. Anyway...

Last night Kelly, Heather, and I went to Harrison Landing for some drinks downtown. Reminisced, laughed, saw an old enemy. Ah, going home always brings about some old memory, some new adventure to laugh at the next time I am home again. Of course I pulled my camera out and snapped shots. The last one is the church today. The light coming in was so pretty.

Back to Chicago tomorrow. Have to shoot my audition DVD for First Entertainment Credit Union commercial. I'll be planning that in my head tonight. So much to do so much to do.

Peace be with the family who mourns. Please give them a thought in your own prayers and mantras tonight.

Comments

Unknown said…
Good to see you too.
Anonymous said…
It was good to see you in person...surely I haven't seen you in years. I wanted to tell you that I have this urge to get to know you. Have a great week at work.

Popular Posts