Well Here I Am

Got back to work today to find that I had 60 new email messages. One of them from our new receptionist to let me know that he is declining the job. He was supposed to start....right now. So I get to stay late and frantically search for someone else. I've gotten over 30 resumes to review for the position. So now, instead of doing the work I need to do, I've spent my entire day trying hire someone. And I want to be somewhat selective, because its a professional arts organization that requires some knowledge of the arts and a good attitude to go with it. Hold on my phone is ringing.

Oh, it was the Goodman Theatre calling to offer me an interview for production staff for The Christmas Carol. They just lost someone. Told them I have a full time job now. Strange to turn them down. Should have told her I'm looking for someone too! It's funny how sometimes its all about who can start immediately and who can't. Just like casting, you never understand it until you are the one choosing the roles.

Anyway, back to my job now. I hear Nutcracker music coming from the studio. Practice practice practice and soon we'll be all done with our big show! This weekend is a big weekend for me to have meetings with parents and volunteers. Hope I can hire someone soon so its one less thing to worry about. Do you need a job?

Comments

Popular Posts