Setting up the new office

Today, I will take some quiet time and go set up my new office. My window overlooks downtown and the train. I need some touches to make it feel homey and comfortable. I'm thinking about doing a painting just for the office. It needs some color. When I'm done I'll take a pic and show you my office. Ballet Chicago facilities consist of a very raw and older space. This is typical of arts organizations b/c its the people who inhabit the space that give it its feel. The music, the dancers, the personalities and warmth. Those all make a place an artist's community. Now having worked in some very nice offices downtown for my temp jobs, nothing can top the good energy I feel when I'm in a artists space. In those temp jobs it can feel stagnant and empty, even though the walls surrounding you are structurally modernized. If you work in a cubicle, or an office that bores you to death, you don't have to leave your job, but do one thing: put something in your space that reminds you that there is meaning to life. Something that inspires you so that you know that your job does not define you. Hey, its ok to work a dead end job for a while, but its important to know your boundaries and not forget what you love to do, and always be working towards that as well. Brent and I watched more of the movie last night and we were in tears we were laughing so hard. It was just this minor little part that I had written in toward the end of production and the actors executed it with hilarity. Such a good feeling. Such great feelings these days.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I can't wait for everyone to see this film. Talking about it is great, but those moments like last night (if everyone finds it funny like us) are priceless. Hold on friends - it'll be here soon enough!

Popular Posts