Pass the Wine Please

There are days like today that make me crave a glass of wine, and yes, a cigarette. I was yelled at by a maniacal woman today. Without revealing too many details to protect the confidentiality of whatever, she wanted a refund and it wasn't our problem. Why is it that a)parents cannot see fault in their children and b)parents become obsessed with the success and perfection of their children? I'm not a parent, but I can assure you, ask any child if they give two shits about what their career path will be in 10 years and they'll ask you if they can just go hang with their friends. I've worked with kids. Ultimately, even if they have a passion for the arts, kids want to be kids. Mothers need to lay off and stop breathing down everyone's necks for fear that their kid won't live out the dreams they have for them. In the end, I put my foot down and did not get caught up in the drama on her end. But shit, I could down a bottle of wine right now if you don't mind me saying.

P.s. I hired someone and I'm very happy with my decision. It feels slightly weird to have been the one to actually hire someone. But I guess I've paid my dues in the Chicago arts. I think I know what I'm looking for. It always feels good to bring someone on who needs support because he/she is an artist.

p.s.s. Brent went to a little shindig tonight through his connections with Avant Chicago. He's making a pilgrim sandwich: Thanksgiving leftover stuffing in the form of a sandwich. "Are you making me one?" I ask. I get no answer. What does a wine drinkin' crazy lady have to do to get a stuffing sandwich? A stuffing sandwich! Talk about carb overload. Maybe I'll go make something else instead. Perhaps just finish off the bottle of wine. You know, a bottle of wine can be gone faster than you think. Without even trying. And by the end you are talking about moving to Hawaii or opening your own massage school with a theatre in the lobby. Yeah, pass the wine please.

Comments

Popular Posts