The New Uncomfortable Not Uncomfortable

Well, I did it. I told my temp job that I'm leaving. I did it through email, which is pretty cowardly, but I'm not ashamed. They congratulated me, which made my uncomfortable feelings dissolve on the spot. I didn't even want to come in today because I was afraid kernel would wrap his snake around me!

Well, another chapter of my life over. Another one about to begin. A salaried position. Yes, I'm 29 and have never aquired a salaried job. I guess I'm growing up. I'll be 30 next year and I'll feel like I've finally put something more on my resume in arts administration. People go to school to get this type of job. I feel very fortunate and thankful.

Things are good. Nervous. Exciting. Moving. The New Uncomfortable that I feel is not Uncomfortable . It's different. It's a wave of pride and fear all at once. The feeling that you can have something stable if you work hard, but knowing that you somewhat enjoy not knowing what comes next. I'm not the type of person to ever feel completely satisfied. It's a flaw and a gift. It's something I feel is important. Know when you are too comfortable. Know when you need to challenge yourself. Know when you are craving a transformation. I think that this job will not only provide me exprience and financial stability, but also the freedom to keep pursuing my art and the ability to fund it. That's where I will continue to grow and push myself, my true self. I'll never lose site of that.

Comments

Popular Posts