Fred Claus the movie and Other Thoughts

FYI The movie Fred Claus just came out and this was the one that my friend Alison and I were in last year. We stood out on Michigan Avenue last winter freezing out butts off while Vince Vaughn stood on the corner in front of us and rang bells for xmas. They placed me in one of the shots and when they yell action I walk toward the camera in front of Vaughn. That was one of the more exciting times of being an extra this year because it was an A list actor and they put me in sight of the camera while about 300 other extras just stood across the street as background. I think eventually they switched me out by the second day, so that's the only scene we think you'll see us in if they didn't cut it. The movie came out last Friday and I've yet to see it so let me know if you catch a glimpse of me!

The new job is going swimmingly. On my second official day I cried because I had no idea how to use some of their computer programs. But by yesterday things were looking up. I love the people and we had our first staff meeting yesterday that allowed us to get to know each other better. Very fun. Very creative thoughtful people. I'm a lucky duck. P.S. Our evening receptionist is leaving Ballet Chicago so if you are a student looking for part time work check out our ad on chicagoplays.com. My contact info is there.

Just a few more days until Thanksgiving. I am slimming down now so that I can bulk up over the holidays. Brent and I went to Aikido yesterday and man am I sore!! It was great thought. I feel stronger.

Talked to Eileen on the phone for an hour last night. She got hired to tour on the cruise lines for The Second City. She'll be gone for at least four months. Eileen was in our movie and I recruited her after meeting her in an musical improv class. We had a good heart to heart last night and talked about our goals and fears and desires for our careers. I will miss Eileen because she's one of the few female comedians I've really connected with that has a fierce determination and sincerity that inspires me. I'm very happy for her and its these moments that make us performers feel validated and reassured that if you follow your true path you will succeed.

Anyway, those are my thoughts this morning. Have a great day everyone!

Comments

Dave said…
Hi Jessica,
Just located your blog and thought I'd say hi.
Dave D from ECT.

Popular Posts