Chicken Lip

This is pretty much not going to be interesting to you but I'll tell you about it anyway. I have a chicken lip today. What is a chicken lip you might ask? Well its been of existence since about 1996 when I went away to college. I get one cold sore a year, in the same place, and it makes one side of my lip swell up and I look like a chicken. Usually it swells up when the weather is changing OR I am stressed. Last night was my last night working at Second City. Everyone said goodbye and its possible I was feeling strange and sad and stressed to leave that place. I've remained a part of the training center, box office, and classes since 2002. It's been 5 years, this month. Pretty amazing. I've seen the office change since I've been there, it used to be a completely different staff and now the last guy is changing over in December. They offered me part of his job as they will be splitting it up, but I couldn't pass down the job offer from the other company. It was a tough decision to make, but I know the right one. Today I won't work and I will get myself prepared for tomorrow. I will start training at my new job. I feel nostalgic. When I remember myself five years ago, here, new to the city, ready to create a new part of myself, I feel that I've really grown as an artists, as a person. It's hard to take the next step. I want to hold on to that era and pretend I'm still *unsure*. But I am sure. The movie is in post production and I'm going to be taking my professional career to a whole new level. Here it goes!

Comments

Popular Posts